-->

Thursday, February 15, 2018

LAUV talks touring arenas with Ed Sheeran and being one of the most streamed artists on the planet

author photo
LAUV press shot

LAUV is a pretty big deal. Actually, a massive deal. The US artist, real name Ari Leff, has toured with Ed Sheeran, co-wrote Charli XCX’s ‘Boys’ and his own material has made him one of the most streamed people on Spotify ever.
As he releases new song ‘Getting Over You’ and gears up for a slate of shows in the shores, we got the lowdown on his recent single, ‘Paris In The Rain’, streaming and more.
Tell us about your new song, ‘Paris In The Rain’
Ever since I visited Paris when I was younger, the sappy side of me really wanted to write a song about it someday. After a while I watched Midnight in Paris like 5 times and I kind of got the idea of what I wanted. For the music video, the last thing I wanted to do was to shoot it in Paris, France – I thought ‘where can we go that’s the middle of nowhere?’  and we ended up landing in Paris, Texas. I wanted the video to portray that feeling when you’re with somebody it doesn’t matter where you are.



You toured with Ed Sheeran last year on his arena tour – was that daunting?
It’s one of those things where there’s so many people out there it’s actually hard to imagine what it’s going to be like. The whole thing was pretty surreal. Surprisingly, it’s less nerve-wracking than playing a smaller, intimate venue – which is something people always said to me that I never believed.
So you’re adapting to the crowds pretty seamlessly, then?
One of my favourite moment of the show every night was when I’d get everyone to take out their cellphones out – that’s when you’d know everyone was really there. They came to see Ed and they could just stand and talk, but they were in the moment with me.

A lot of your early success has come from streaming – has it changed your life?
It definitely has changed my life. I put out my first song ‘The Other’ in 2015 just on Soundcloud. It was always my most popular song but never really went far in a mainstream way. Then a couple years after it came out, I watched it go from 8 million to like 100 million. It was just added to a small playlist and from there people found it and kept it going. I think streaming in general is democratising music in general.
Did you know that you’re one of the most-streamed artists on Spotify? Are you gunning for Number One?
Oh yeah, let’s go. I’ll have topple Drake. I feel like Drake could literally put out anything – like, the sound of seagulls over a beat and it could be the Number One song on Spotify.
LAUV will play:
Deaf Institute, Manchester (April 16) – SOLD OUT 
O2 Islington Academy, London (April 17) – SOLD OUT 

This post have 0 Comments / Maoni

Next article Next Post
Previous article Previous Post